Blockberry Creative Declares Chuu is Officially Removed: After much speculation, BlockBerryCreative has confirmed that Chuu has been kicked off of LOONA.
The following statement was issued by the agency on November 25:
“Hello. This is BlockBerryCreative.
- We are releasing a statement to notify fans that we have decided that our agency artist Chuu will be expelled and withdrawn as a member of LOONA as of November 25, 2022.
- There have been lots of speculations about LOONA’s Chuu this past year, but the agency and the LOONA members did not release any statements in order to not cause trouble with the group’s growth or cause concern to fans.
- With the LOONA members’ affection for the team and consideration for their fans, rather than say what is true or not, they tried to express their feelings by putting in their best efforts for performances and content.
- However, after recently being told of Chuu’s violent language and misuse of power toward our staff, the truth was found upon investigation.
- Agency representatives are apologizing and comforting staff, and we have decided to take responsibility for this and remove Chuu from LOONA.
- First of all, we officially apologize to the staff who have been greatly hurt by this incident, and we will put in our full effort so they can now heal and focus on treatment and then return to their normal lives.
- We apologize to the fans who have loved and supported LOONA until now and ask for your sincere forgiveness for not being able to have 12 members together until the end.
- The agency and LOONA will return to our roots and work as hard as possible so an incident like this never happens again in the future no matter what.
- The LOONA members did not work only for their individual gains, and they know what fans have given them to bring them to this point, so they did not do anything to cause trouble for the team.
- They will make it to the end and give back for the love of everyone who supports LOONA.
- Also, the agency and the LOONA members will act with respect and gratitude toward all of the staff who work with us.
- The agency will do everything possible to give back for the staff’s sacrifices and devotion so something like this never happens again.
- We once again bow our heads in apology to the involved staff and the fans for causing trouble with this incident.
According to Blockberry Creative (BBC), Chuu (or Kim Ji-woo, shown above) is leaving the girl group LOONA as of November 25, 2022. The agency announced on November 25 that they would be expelling and withdrawing Chuu after receiving reports that he had used threatening language and abused his authority towards agency employees.
When asked about the rumours that have circulated about Chuu’s whereabouts over the last year, Blockberry Creative responded that neither the agency nor the other LOONA members had released any statements in order to not cause trouble with the group’s growth or raise concern among the fans.
— Soompi (@soompi) November 25, 2022
It was previously reported that Chuu sued Blockberry Creative in order to terminate her exclusive contract in December 2021 and that she had also signed with a new agency. On the other hand, she and her mom are rumoured to have launched their own agency this year, Chuu Co. Ltd. of which the two of them serve as co-directors.
In spite of this, BBC has disputed all of these claims. Blockberry Creative has also issued an apology, saying they regret not being able to maintain LOONA’s original lineup of 12 members until the end but promise to work with the group’s surviving members to ensure that this will never happen again.
LOONA’s angency has announced Chuu’s immediate removal due to suspected”violent language and misuse of power” toward personnel. pic.twitter.com/eylM3p1pJ9
— Philippine Concerts (@philconcerts) November 25, 2022
On the other hand, Chuu hasn’t made any public statements about her current predicament since then. Before making her debut with LOONA in August of this year, Chuu made her debut with Blockberry Creative in December 2017 for the agency’s Girl of the Month project.
She is working on a number of projects by herself at the moment, including commercials, YouTube series, and hosting roles on several different television networks. This is sad news for her huge fans.
For additional information, continue to check pabaon.com. Remember to bookmark our websites for the most recent updates, Like K-pop Group tripleS Achieved 28 Million Views and K-pop Stars Representing Fourth Generation