Can You Connect Airpods To PS4? This article explains how to connect any model Of Airpods to the PS4, including what accessories you’ll need to buy and what features aren’t supported.
What Do You Need To Connect AirPods To PS4?
The PlayStation 4 doesn’t have built-in Bluetooth connectivity for headphones. Because of this, you will need separate accessories to use it with AirPods or any other Bluetooth headphones. Without an adapter, the PlayStation 4 will recognize your AirPods, and you’ll go through the entire pairing procedure until you finally see the process fail.
Annoying! You can avoid this problem by replacing the PS4’s audio jack with a Bluetooth headset. While we utilized a Twelve South AirFly Duo, any audio-capable Bluetooth adapter that can be put into a PS4 (through USB or the headphone socket, for example) should do the trick.
How To Connect AirPods to PS4?
Follow these steps to use a Bluetooth adapter to connect AirPods to PS4:
- Make sure you’ve charged your AirPods. Same if your Bluetooth adapter uses a battery. (The AirFly Duo, for example, plugs into the headphone jack on the PS4 controller, so it needs battery power. Other Bluetooth adapters plug into the USB ports on the PS4 itself and don’t need battery power.)
- Connect the Bluetooth adapter to your PS4.
- Put the Bluetooth adapter into pairing mode. The exact way you do this depends on your device, so check the instructions that came with it.
- With your AirPods in their charging case, open the case and press and hold the syncing button.
- Keep holding the button until the lights on the Bluetooth adapter stop blinking. This means that the AirPods are paired to the adapter.
- Are your AirPods not syncing for some reason? We’ve got ideas for what to do when AirPods don’t connect.
- Confirm that your PS4 is being sent to your AirPods by checking the settings on the PS4. Go to Settings > Devices > Audio Devices.
- There are two necessary settings to change on the Audio Devices screens:
- Output Device: Set to Headphones Connected to Controller(or the right menu for your Bluetooth adapter).
- Output to Headphones: Set to All Audio.
- You can also control the volume of the audio sent from the PS4 to your AirPods in the Volume Control (Headphones) menu.
- With that done, all audio from the PS4 is coming to your AirPods, and you’re ready to play.
Can AirPods Be Used For PS4 Online Chat?
Even though you’ll learn how to pair your AirPods with your PS4 in this post, there is a catch: AirPods feature a microphone, but you can’t use it to communicate with other players in-game (as anyone who has used them for phone calls knows).
The reason is most Bluetooth adapters can only transmit PS4 audio to headphones, and not vice versa. To do that, you’ll need PS4-compatible headphones (or other gaming consoles). However, a Bluetooth adaptor is a fantastic choice if you want to listen to music or podcasts without disturbing anybody else.
Can You Connect AirPods To PS4?
The short answer is yes. Simply put, Apple’s AirPods can be linked to a PS4 system. Sony’s console doesn’t support plugging external earphones or headphones out of the box, so connecting them isn’t as easy as other devices. You’ll need a few extra things if you want to utilize your AirPods with your PlayStation 4.
Yet, why go to all this trouble? This is because Sony has a firm stance on the matter and doesn’t permit any external headphones to be used with the PS4. Instead, it is trying to sell its official headgear, which isn’t going to be to everyone’s taste (especially given the price).
Can You Use AirPods On PS4 As A Mic?
Insert the Microphone adapter into your PS4 controller’s 3.5mm port. Your PS4 will then display a message confirming this connection. Your AirPods will now be fully connected, allowing you to listen and talk through your Apple AirPods while you game.
Final Lines: Keep following pabaon.com for more updates. Don’t forget to bookmark our site for recent updates on Explained: PGA Tour 2K23 PS4 To PS5 Upgrade.