In ten states, Fifth Third Bank has more than 1,200 full-service facilities to serve individuals, businesses, and communities. In addition to Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois, the bank serves customers in North Carolina, Georgia, and Florida on the East Coast. Fifth Third Bank, like other community banks, is dedicated to making a difference in the lives of the people who reside in their neighborhoods. By offering a wide range of financial goods, they are able to cater to the needs of everyone.
The following options are available to clients performing a check:
- There is no monthly fee for Express Banking, however, there is no check writing or check to deposit at ATMs.
- Momentum Checking: There is no monthly cost and no overdraft protection fees with Momentum Checking.
- Bonuses like secondary accounts and improved lending rates are included with Preferred Checking.
High school and college students, military personnel, and their families, as well as other banking customers who require a simplified checking account without a minimum credit score, can all benefit from specialized checking accounts. With no monthly fees, special VA home loan rates for military members, and discounted costs on select account services, these accounts have a lot to offer.
- QVC Credit Card Login, Payment Address, Customer Service
- Mahatma Ela: Why Is it Better? Here is What You Need To Know!
In addition, Fifth Third Bank is committed to assisting its customers in building their savings. When you have a Fifth Third checking account that qualifies, you can open a Relationship Money Market account instead of a Momentum Savings one. There are a number of additional options for saving, including 529 college savings plans, CDs, regular CDs, and minor savings accounts for children under the age of 18.
Even though Fifth Third Bank is not one of the nation’s largest financial institutions, it doesn’t compromise on online and mobile banking options. You can accomplish everything you need to manage your finances on the go with the mobile banking app, including transfers, bill payments, statements, and mobile deposits.
Customers who are making monthly payments on their student loans can take advantage of a special service offered by the bank. In accordance with your settings, Fifth Third Momentum keeps track of your debit card purchases and rounds them up. Your debit card purchases are rounded up and applied to the balance of your student loan each week using the Fifth Third Momentum app. This is a unique benefit that you won’t find at most other financial institutions.
Why Fifth Third Bank?
Ohio is the home state of Fifth Third Bank, which has over 1,100 locations throughout the Midwest, South, and Southeast. Their basic accounts come with acceptable monthly costs that can be waived, but their other expenses can be high and their savings rates are pathetic.
The Fine Print
- There are no extra requirements for the $300 checking bonus.
- Payroll, pension, and government payments are examples of ACH credits that are eligible for qualifying Direct Deposits.
- Having an active checking account is a requirement for receiving the bonus funds.
- Customers who already have a Fifth Third Checking account or who have had a Fifth Third Checking account canceled within the last year are not eligible for this offer.
- A single new account-related gift incentive is all that a customer is entitled to per calendar year, according to the bank’s policies.
- Depending on your account type and ownership role, you may or may not be eligible.
- Within 45 days of the account being opened, the funds must be deposited.
- To open a checking account, no money is needed to be deposited.
- Bonuses may be taxed as interest income and reported on Form 1099-INT by the Internal Revenue Service. Consult a tax professional if you need further information.
- To receive the bonus, a UNIQUE OFFER CODE MUST BE PRESENTED AT ACCOUNT OPENING. Get in touch with your banker to find out more.
- Not to be used in conjunction with any other promotion.
What Is An Overdraft Fee?
When you don’t have enough money in your account to execute a transaction, Fifth Third Bank charges you an overdraft fee. The bank protects you by allowing your balance to slip into the negative and charging you a fee for noticing it.
The following are examples of transactions that may lead to an overdraft fee:
- The use of your checking account number to make checks or other transactions
- Bank-to-bank transfers
- Paying bills electronically or automatically
- Transactions with a debit card that occur repeatedly.
Fifth Third Bank will also cover overdrafts for ATM withdrawals and one-time, non-recurring debit purchases if you choose this option (e.g. gas, groceries). For example, if you decide not to participate in the program but still use a debit card to withdraw money from an ATM, the bank will simply refuse the transaction and not charge you a fee.
Overdrafts aren’t automatically covered by Fifth Third Bank regardless of the transaction type or whether or not you’ve activated overdraft protection. The bank has the final say on the matter.
- Vegas X App Download For iPhone: Can We Earn Money On This App?
- GoFan App For Android: How To Download and use It?
How Much Does An Overdraft Fee Cost At Fifth Third Bank?
Fifth Third Bank charges $37 per item that overdraws your account. If your account is overdrawn by $5 or less at the end of the day, you will not incur a fee.